AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Card Driver Issue - ucrtbase.dll - ACADE exits with no error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jallenDBQ7U
122 Views, 5 Replies

Video Card Driver Issue - ucrtbase.dll - ACADE exits with no error

Does anyone else have a problem where ACADE closes with no notice and no opportunity to save work.  This problem seems to only occur once per day maximum but seems to always occur at least once after I do a new boot of my PC.

I get no ACADE error message but when I reopen the application it gives me a chance to restore whatever it has from a backup file using Drawing Recovery Manager.  It I made no unsaved edits ACADE acts like no failure occurred.

When I go to Windows Event Manager I see an error related to ucrtbase.dll module.  After a Google search I found a knowledge link for this dll for Inventor.  It states that I need to update my video card.  Ironically enough it is the update of the Dell laptop driver to the latest video driver that has probably started causing this problem.  Maybe this means I will be forced to go to version 2023 to fix it?  Since my other team members also use version 2022 I would like to avoid an immediate upgrade.

Anyone else dealt with this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: jallenDBQ7U

In both 2022-2023... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart that program, see if that helps.

If not, then start a support ticket through your subscription portal as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Message 3 of 6
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the advice.  I'll give that a try.

Message 4 of 6
jallenDBQ7U

Unfortunately, it crashed again, but this time it did give me an error message.

Message 5 of 6
rhesusminus

Maybe you can roll back to the previous video driver?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 6
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: rhesusminus

I am hoping that at the end of my current project my team will move up to version 2023 and it might help.  Otherwise what you are saying is what may ultimately occur.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost