AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line's don't stay dashed in model view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
268 Views, 3 Replies

Line's don't stay dashed in model view

If I set a wire or line to dashed and change the scale to 0.2 for example, the wire/line will be dashed.  If I then zoom out/zoom in and work elsewhere on the drawing, I can come back to that wire/line and it will be solid but the properties will still show dash.  If I save and close and reopen, it will open dash.  This cycle then repeats.

How do I change this behaviour to keep dashed lines dashed at all times.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

You can't actually, and this is intentional. It costs memory and performance to maintain on object's appearance while you are panning/zooming. ACAD will resolve it into a solid line so that you don't see any kind of performance lag. However, it's harmless. As you noted, the actual properties of the object don't change.

If you find this too annoying, however, you can use the REGEN command. This will instantly redraw everything and your dashes will appear as dashes once more.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: jseefdrumr

This is also "resolved" in AutoCAD 2017. When REGENAUTO is set to ON, AutoCAD run the regen command automatically. However.. I don't think it's very smart when it comes to zooming and panning aroudn on B/A3 sized sheets... You have to zoom far in before the automatic regen is triggered.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

I just checked and my REGENAUTO setting is on, so I guess no, it is not very good at all.

At least now I know about the regen command.

Thanks both.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost