AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross reference wires between sheets in project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
724 Views, 2 Replies

Cross reference wires between sheets in project

Hi,

I am a total newbie to AutoCAD Electrical and would like to know how I can cross reference a wire numbered the same on two separate sheets.

For example I have a wire numbered L1 on sheet 1 and L1 on sheet 2. Can you run me through how to set up a cross reference on both sheets showing that they are infact connected.

Thanks in advance

Dan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the source and destination tool. See the attached file for the location. Insert the source on the page that is earliest in the project. Give it a code name of your choosing. This code is not visible so it can be anything, but something meaningful that you can remember later is best. You can enter an optional description which will be visible (i.e. 24VDC, 120VAC). Insert the destination on the other sheet. Enter the code you assigned to the source (or pick from a project list) and click OK+Update source. The cross-reference will be added and the wire number will carry over from the source to the destination.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the help. Thats worked perfectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost