AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CROSS REFERENCE PROBLEM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
421 Views, 4 Replies

CROSS REFERENCE PROBLEM

dear all,

in the projcet properties, you chose the corssrefernce steup. i choose the xy grid , then he asked me put the

letters you want to choose it. so i put A,B,C,D for horizantal, and for vertical 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

put when i use the cross reference for wires, the cross reference appears, but i dont know in what basis.

for example, 5.D. form where did the acad electrical knows that this reference is 5.D ? why not 3c?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vladop
in reply to: Anonymous

In the same X-Y Grid Setup dialog box define Origin and Horizontal/Vertical Spacing as it is illustrated.

Regards

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Set up your title block with numbers across the
top/bottom and letters down the sides. Make sure the gap between the
letters/numbers is even and put the values into the setup for the x,y
co-ordinate system.

This gives you a visual reference when looking for
reference given by ACADE. By putting the value into the setup, ACADE knows works
out the reference from the origin.

Regards Brad

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
dear
all, in the projcet properties, you chose the corssrefernce steup. i choose
the xy grid , then he asked me put the letters you want to choose it. so i put
A,B,C,D for horizantal, and for vertical 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. put when i use the
cross reference for wires, the cross reference appears, but i dont know in
what basis. for example, 5.D. form where did the acad electrical knows that
this reference is 5.D ? why not 3c?
Message 4 of 5
romani.bogtour

Hi All, 

I am having the same problem, we use the the sheet number - Y cross reference (A, B C, ...) - X cross reference (1,2,3,4 ....),

for example, Is heet 200,  the wire number will be, 200A20, 200N13, 200P15 and so on, 

I did define the formate reference in the project template, x-y Grid setup.. but when i update the wire number it does not insert the correct formate. it looks like i am missing something, can any one please help

ACADE_ZI
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: romani.bogtour

Hi All

Brad is more expert than I,  I would like to explain how I did this feature and the probhlems that I have through not having a consultant in the early days.

This is only what I have found by much trial and error.  They may be better ways.

The drawing / wire grid should be a size that fits neatly into the page grid that Brad mentioned.

The ISO standard is 40 to 80 mm.   So I use a 10 mm grid.

Align the grid to suite the drawing grid

set  a bottom left corner of the grid/ border to be the same 0,0,0

Now you can set the XREF.  see screen shot of my system.

Nowyou need to add the size in the table.  it is not automatic from your border.

I am not definate on what sets the key to location of the symbols.  I think is is the insertion point of symbols.

because I did not understand the reaction between the grid and size needed for the reference not all my cross referencing is perfect but it gets the reader to the area.

If you find a mistake and you need to update a drawing, I find it necessary to ensure that the project and the individual  drawing is activated.

Hope this helps.   Training can save a lot of frustration.  The company I work for would not provide phone support and it has been a struggle.

I have had much help from this forum.

HAve you visited doug Macalisters web site?  It has some good tips.  This is not a paid commercial.

Cheers  jq

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost