AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/Edit wire type problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
426 Views, 3 Replies

Create/Edit wire type problem.

Guys,
I have been having a problem with the above mentioned. I have a AutoCAD elec project with 25 pages. The problem is I have now made a list of wire types on page 1 but when I go check the other pages none of the wire types are there. Is there are a way of importing the wire type list to all the pages or do I have to do this manually?
Also the same question for grid and snap settings.

Thank you in advance!!!

Michael Shelley
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Talking about Wire Types, I think you should try this, it works.

"Importing Wire Types from a master schematic - AutoCAD Electrical"

http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/blogs/blog/view/7/_11/

Sorry, but at this moment, I have no suggestions about importing Grid and Snap settings.

Regards
Message 3 of 4
darrell.l.gregg

Probably a bit late on this...

As to your grid snap settings you could use ACADDOC.lsp to set those up.

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau

To easily get the wire types transfered to each dwg, you have to use the Settings Compare tool.

In the first dwg, set up the layers as needed in the Layer Properties Manager. Usint the Layer State Manager save the Layer information and export a copy.

Go to each of the other dwgs and using the Layer State Manager, import the Layers State you exported before and allow them to be restored.

Go to the First Dwg again and set up your wire layers using the Create/Edit Wire Types tool.

Now go to the Project Manager and RIGHT-CLICK on the first dwg. Hover over the properties entry and then select the Settings Compare from the flyout menu.

Click on the row name Wire Layers and click Match Drawing. This will copy the settings from the first dwg to the project.

Now do the same for each of the other dwgs but click on MATCH PROJECT instead. This will copy the wire layers to each of the dwgs in turn.

At this stage, you can't do a settings compare for groups of dwgs, you have to do each one individually. Also, the Layers themselves are not included in the settings compare, just the data on which layers are for wiring.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost