AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad electrical

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
241 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad electrical

Good day. i have downloaded auto cad electrical for the 30 day trial, when opening auto cad it seems its the normal one, is there a button i should go and click to change it to auto cad electrical?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

First of all, make sure you started ACAD Electrical and not plain ACAD.

Electrical is basically a set of commands, menus and functions which is loaded on top of plain ACAD.

When you install Electrical it installs the base ACAD program as well as the Electrical add ons.

You will find that you have ended up with two identical ACAD icons under AutoCAD Electrical in the start menu and possibly the desktop. The first one starts the plain ACAD while the second starts ACAD Electrical.

If you did start the program using the Electrical version, make sure you are in the 'ACADE 2D Drafting and Annotation' workspace and if not, swap to it using the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the ACAD window.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you sir.

I only have one icon, so i suppose it only downloaded the plain auto cad. I
have the 2019 student version, can that be why?
Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

You may have downloaded the plain ACAD version, however looking at the educational side, Electrical 2019 IS available on the educational licence.

Type ABOUT on the command line and this should tell you what you have installed.

With Electrical, it should show up like this.

Electrical About.JPG

If it doesn't show the word Electrical at the top, you haven't installed the correct package.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost