AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new enclosure to footprint library

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
deen_b16
905 Views, 1 Reply

Adding new enclosure to footprint library

Enclosure CAD drawings that are not in the footprint library, what is the best way to put them in there?

I have enclosure drawings that we use and I want to be able to call them up quickly from a lookup table.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: deen_b16

Use the Footprint Database File Editor. Choose the manufacturer of the enclosure. If the part number already exists in the database, you simply edit the record and set the block field to look for your version of the enclosure.

Hint: If you have a block that includes multiple blocks inside of it (i.e. front door, sub-panel, sides, etc.), place an asterisk (*) at the beginning of the block path and the software will explode the block into separate blocks when you insert it. You may notice that many of the enclosure blocks that are included work this way. It's an old AutoCAD trick.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost