Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Length Grading Transition Regions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Neilw_05
1080 Views, 1 Reply

Zero Length Grading Transition Regions

In site grading we often need to transition grading slopes across regions. For example we may need to warp a series of parking stalls from 2% to 4%. Currently the only way to create such a transition is to create a region of some length at 2% on one end and another region at 4% on the other end. Only then can we apply the transition between those 2 regions.

But what if we can't have those 2% and 4% regions on the ends? As a workaround we have to make those end regions very small to minimize their influence on the model, but all those little pieces have to be manipulated whenever we need to make adjustments to the transition regions.

The same problem arises when one end of the transitiion has a different target than the other.

Can we please have the ability to create transitions that don't require regions on each end?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Neilw_05
in reply to: Neilw_05

I think it would help to explain the problem with different targets.

Consider the scenario where we need to transition a ditch with flat bottom of some width down to a V ditch with no width. In this case we would have a grading with the flat bottom on one end and a grading with a V ditch on the other. Currently we cannot create a transition between the 2 gradings. The only way to do it is to simulate it by creating a small region with a very small width ditch bottom on the V ditch end. Again if we need to edit the transition we have to manipulate all the little pieces.

So in this case we need to be able to transition between regions with different targets, one with a width target and one without.

I should mention too that all those little grading regions get labeled when we apply featureline labels to the baseline which creates a mess. Those whole process is such a nuisance.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report