Did you mean: 

Tin Surface contextual Ribbon Tab

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jmayo-EE
1782 Views, 3 Replies

Tin Surface contextual Ribbon Tab

I wish the Tin Surface contextual Ribbon Tab had a button to rebuild a surface or multiple surfaces when selected.

John Mayo

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Civil 3d 2013 has a command REBUILDSURFACE which can be run on it's own, after which you will be prompted to select a surface, or after selecting a surface, inwhich case the selected surface will be rebuilt.

You can add this to the tin surface ribbon context tab.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thanks Andrew. I do know about the command. This wish is one of my requests for Ribbon improvements. I have a few others here that date back a while like I think we should see 'Create Surface Profile' when selecting a profile view. I know these can all be created in the cui but I think they should come OOTB. Regardless you took the time to answer so I will give you the solution. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks. Not after the points, just trying to help.

I agree with you on the ribbon. I look after our cad system here as well as use it so I make the changes to the ribbon to make it more useful in terms of workflow.

I too wish it was much more usable ootb. I dread migrating cuix's as well as there's always the inevitible command that has had a name change or no longer supported or something. 😞

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report