cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
lsimms1
334 Views, 9 Replies

Stationing

This has been on my wish list since softdesk.

I want to be able to station every 15m, starting at 1+000. 

Meaning I want the 15m increments to start at 1000, not 0.  Right now, it will label 1+005, 1+020, 1+035.  I want 1+000, 1+015, 1+030. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
troma
in reply to: lsimms1

Make an expression in your alignment label styles for Major Station.  Call the expression 'Station text height' or something so you'll recognize it.  Here is my expression:

IF((FMOD({Station Value}+5,15))!=0,0,.0015)

This tests if the station + 5 is divisible by 15.  If not, the result is zero.  If it is, the result is 0.0015.  This sets my text height to 0.0015m (or 1.5mm) for the 'good' stations, and a text height of zero for the others, so they don't display at all.

I imagine for you it would be something like:

IF((FMOD({Station Value}+5,15))!=0,0,__[your text height here]___)

Format the result of the expression to be "Double"

Use this expression as the text height for your stations, and set your stations to come in every 5m.  They should be there but invisible for the ones you don't want, and only visible for the ones you do.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 10
lsimms1
in reply to: troma

I'm not convinced using a 0 text height is a good idea. 

I just wish it was possible to pick the station for it to start counting from. All these years, and its still something they have not "fixed"

Message 4 of 10
troma

How can I convince you? Try it!  It works.

I agree with you—I think when you pick the referecnce point for the alignment, it should station in multiples from that point, or at least give you the option to.  But I've given up caring, because I found something that just works.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 10
lsimms1

I use the expression to make the text 0.0001 size.  Not 0.  By the time it plots, you can't see it.

I am not risking my database. Too many glitches within the program for me to chance using an invalid text size.

Message 6 of 10
troma

OK, that works too.  I've been using zero for a few months now, no problems yet.  But if I do have problems it will be me fixing them, not you; so I'm not going to argue with how you protect your drawings!

Mark Green

Message 7 of 10
troma

How's that working out for ya?  Hope I could help.

Seeing as you were my total introduction to C3D and taught me everything I've forgotten about LDD; just trying to return the favour.

Mark Green

Message 8 of 10
lsimms1

I may have a few more tricks for you if you upgrade to 2012.  Not sure if they will work in 11. We'll have to arrange lunch sometime.

Message 9 of 10
troma

By the way, I just remembered these labels are a little glitchy if the start of your alignment is at an even station behind the reference point.  If you pick a reference point for 1+000 and your alignment starts at exactly 0+990.00 or 0+985.00, the labels didn't display the right ones.

Two workarounds:

1. Make your alignment start at some random station like 0+988.62

OR

2. Pick the start point as the reference point.  You can pick the start of the line and set the reference station to be 0+985, such that 1+000 still ends up where you need it to be.

Sorry, I'd forgotten about that.

Mark Green

Message 10 of 10
lsimms1

Its not as bad in 2012.  (feature lines w/curves are also a BIT more stable in 2012)

When creating your alignment line, if you extend it by .01, its not enough to see, but enough to "fix" the station labels.

Considering the alignment style is usually turned off anyway, this is a simple easy "fix".

(in the last 8 months I have not had a problem with this.  check first, then create alignment)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report