Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sites and Profiles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevinjackman
887 Views, 3 Replies

Sites and Profiles

Alignments / Profiles in the same Site should interact the same way Feature Lines do.

If an Alignment crosses another Alignment in the same site, the Profile elevations should automatically (dynamically) match.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ramitbd
in reply to: kevinjackman

When you say "Profile elevations should automatically (dynamically) match", I assume that your talking about design profile information. If so, you can already do this under the create intersection wizard. You can use the wizard to link crossing alignments. When using the wizard you can uncheck creating offset alignments & profiles so that the only thing you get out of it is the ability to link design profile information for crossing alignments.  Look into this to see if it is what you needed.

Message 3 of 4
kevinjackman

I am aware that we can link profiles together using the intersection wizard - but why should we have to? Autodesk markets Civil 3D as dynamic. And as far as the intersection wizard - it's a cumbersome solution, that doesn't always work.

Further - if you have two alignments crossing at an intersection, 9 times out of 10 you will want the design profile elevations to match so it should be inherent in the software and as such I think having Sites to control the interaction between design profiles is the key.

Message 4 of 4
ramitbd

Good luck with your wish!  The intersection wizard for just linking crossing alignments works fine. You don't need to fully use it for the curb return design ability. Your 9 out of 10 assessment may be biased towards the type of projects that you work on. Think about dealing with underground transit, overhead rail systems, highway design or bridges and the roads that are either directly under or above them.  In all of these types of design there are multiple opportunities to have crossing alignments that you would never want to be linked dynamically in the same site.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report