Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Pipe Crossings at points not on alignment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TonyLeggieri3279
1494 Views, 2 Replies

Show Pipe Crossings at points not on alignment

We would love to see the ability to show a pipe crossing when the profiled pipe is projected to an alignment and the crossing pipe does not cross the parent alignment. 

For example, profiling the center of road and projecting sewer which runs parallel but is 8' off the centerline and accurately show where the storm drain crosses the sewer, not the road CL.  Much like a profile offset, give the ability to show a crossing pipe at any distance off an alignment.

Attached is a DWG showing what I do NOT want to happen.  I need to the crossings to show at the same elevation in both profiles.

(Civil 3D 2011, SP2)

Tony Leggieri
Gutschick, Little & Weber, P.A. (GLW)
CADD Manager
Civil 3D 2023.2.1
Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
O.Maille
in reply to: TonyLeggieri3279

This could get confusing if implemented incorrectly ( multiple sections of the same part in one profile)

Essentially you're looking for a "superimpose part from other profile" similar to the superimpose profile?

I'd also like to have "superimposed projected objects from other profiles"

I could see uses for both; would be extreemly usefull for detailed design of sewer; currently I run smaller connection pipes fully across the road to enable me to establish the optimal sewer levels yet allow the line of the network change.

So +1 from me

Only way I can think of to solve you problem is;

creating an alingment from network parts

a profile corresponding to the sewer levels

a featureline from the above

a surface from the FL

add this to your profile along the sewer

superimose that

OR

Create the crossing network using featurlines to start with and project and sumperimpose.

Message 3 of 3

We have tried superimposing 1 profile onto the other (road CL onto sewer in our case) but the curves/angles are so different it looks horrible.

I could totally deal with a "superimpose part from other profile".  I actually tried that first.  

There just needs to be some way to get accurate data easily from 1 profile view to another.

Tony Leggieri
Gutschick, Little & Weber, P.A. (GLW)
CADD Manager
Civil 3D 2023.2.1
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report