Did you mean: 

Sample Lines - Data Sampling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ijathenickman
366 Views, 3 Replies

Sample Lines - Data Sampling

When you generate sample lines all of the data contained in the file
is listed and selected with a green check as "data to be sampled".

If you are working on a large design, you will have to go through the tedious process of unchecking each one and then checking the 2 or 3 data types that you actually wanted from the list.

I wish that this list came up with all of the data unselected as default, or that there were a way of "selecting all" and unchecking all.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeffInStCld
in reply to: ijathenickman

There must be a solution to this issue.

I need to be able to unselect all the surfaces when creating sample line groups! And then select only the two that I need.

Does any one have a solution?

I've been told to leave them all selected and chosen the correct surface when assigning materials.

This is not a good solutions when I have 30 surfaces. It only slows down the processing when creating the sample lines.

With an unselect surface I would save around 6000 clicks on my current project.    Time is money boys!

How do we get through to Autodesk?

Message 3 of 4
JeffInStCld
in reply to: JeffInStCld

For the reply above I forgot to mention the version I'm using.

Civil 3D 2011

Message 4 of 4
granite07
in reply to: ijathenickman

I have the same question. From trial and error the solution I am using is highlight all the surfaces, unselect, then select the section I want. At first I just left them all there but noticed it took longer to form each sample line; from 3 to 5 minutes - with 77 to make that is nearly 8 hours!

The trick is to select all the surfaces except for one, else you cannot unselect and have to start over.

Forest Peterson, granite@stanford.edu; build-sheet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report