Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Geometry Point

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
220 Views, 2 Replies

Profile Geometry Point

It would be benifical to be able to add the geometry type to a profile band geometry point label.

i.e. 1+00 PC
3+50 PRC
etc.

Thanks,
Charles
C3D 2007
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I must ask why? I cannot understand why everyone wants "everything" in the
profile. BTW, what is a profile band point label?

Bill

wrote in message news:5169286@discussion.autodesk.com...
It would be benifical to be able to add the geometry type to a profile band
geometry point label.

i.e. 1+00 PC
3+50 PRC
etc.

Thanks,
Charles
C3D 2007
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just my 2c worth: I've got to agree that having the ability to drop horizontal data references onto the vertical display (on the
profile/section or in their view's bands) and vice versa would be useful. For example, we abandoned trying to show the horizontal
geometry of an alignment in the profile view because we couldn't force C3D (2006 that is) to display it in a clear and
understandable format - the information needed simply wasn't available in the bands, which is where our standards put that kind of
information (actually, our standards put it in the bottom of the view itself, above the horizontal axis, but we managed to do that
with the data bands). Certainly it would be useful to be able to do this in the profile view for pipeworks, because the construction
teams use almost nothing but the long section - sorry, profile view - during construction and don't tend to compare chainages with
the plan to make sure that deflections in alignment are in the right place unless it's specifically noted on the long section.

Of course, this might be addressed in 2007, but we haven't gone on to 2007 yet (note the (mostly) full head of hair?).

Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report