cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
billywilkins
1149 Views, 9 Replies

Pressure pipe

My company just purchased Civil 3D and we went through training last week. I was really excited to see the upgrades from LDD but I was shocked that pressure pipes are still not a part of the new software. Force main sanitary sewer and water mains are a huge part of what my company does so this is a huge handicap.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Pipe tools is a selection of routines to Place a pline offset from CL; Add bends to watermains, plot to profile with depth from profile, create 3d pline in plan; show pipe interference with c3d pipes and  new watermain

http://www.rsteltman.com/content/downloads/watermain.avi

www.steltmansoftware.com

Message 3 of 10
mathewkol
in reply to: billywilkins

I agree, pressure mains would be a great addition.  Probably my number 1 wish.

But I'm surprized you are shocked, bemused maybe, but not shocked :)They never existed in LDT either.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 10
tmillican
in reply to: mathewkol

Yeah, I'm going to jump on this bandwagon, too (AGAIN). There's still no water or pressure pipe support as of 2011. I don't understand the politics of why this isn't being developed. It's been languishing on the wish list for at least a decade (counting LDD). It's not as though this is some minor feature request -- I could understand if something like that were perpetually "on the back burner". But this is a major aspect of municipal civil engineering, which in turn is an appreciable chunk of the entire civil engineering discipline. I just don't get it. If they're going to give municipal firms the finger, I'd at least like to know why...

Message 5 of 10
jmatthei

Agreed.

This is a major hole in core functionality that would be like Revit not being able to handle doors.  And it's not like our license fees are cheap either.  If we only paid $50 for C3D I would understand, but given our ridiculously high license fees they ought to be able to afford a month of one programmer's time to get some basic water main parts.

And again I understand that up through '09 they were making what they had not crash every 15 minutes, but I had expected to see pressure pipe in '10 or '11...

--Jeremy

Message 6 of 10
darkman257

2012...no changes to the software again.  For the x amount of money for subscription, I get to rotate labels...oh and I get to bend pipe now.

Joining pipe networks is still a problem as it does not show up correctly when done.  Pipes of various sizes merging into one network does not show up...I don't understand if BIM is supposed to be the punch word of the day to adequately describe a building, mulitple buildings, and/or development why pressure water mains and pressure sewers are not part of the process? 

To go along with this request, I would like to see a little more attention to smaller pipes and structures based on smaller pipes.  I also would like a more friendly or better customizable subassemblies for pipe trenches so to create subassemblies that better conform to OSHA for soil removal/trenching and for adequate calculation of bedding and virgin soil replacement/removal. 

Underground utilities are a major part of a successful development, my wish is that Autodesk would treat it as such.  I have been with Civil3d since 2006, I think six years is more than enough time to have an excellent pipe network setup within Civil 3D. 

Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 - Premium, Intel Quad Core 2.66 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX4800

Dilbert's Salary Theorem: Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power Postulate 2: Time is Money. Power = Work / Time. Since Knowledge = Power,
then Knowledge = Work / Time, and Tme = Money, then Knowledge = Work / Money. Solving for Money, we get: Money = Work / Knowledge.
Thus as Knowledge approaches zero, money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.
Message 7 of 10
jwhal

I also agree on the pressure pipes. It's long overdue.

Jon

Message 8 of 10
jmatthei
Message 9 of 10
darkman257

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy   I just hope that small diameter pipe is part of the catalogue and more plastic is incorporated!   

Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 - Premium, Intel Quad Core 2.66 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX4800

Dilbert's Salary Theorem: Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power Postulate 2: Time is Money. Power = Work / Time. Since Knowledge = Power,
then Knowledge = Work / Time, and Tme = Money, then Knowledge = Work / Money. Solving for Money, we get: Money = Work / Knowledge.
Thus as Knowledge approaches zero, money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.
Message 10 of 10
jwhal
in reply to: jmatthei

Thank you Autodesk. It took a while, but at least it's coming.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report