Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Symbol Legend

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IanMcClain
1498 Views, 2 Replies

Point Symbol Legend

I wish you could create a symbol legend for survey points or points with active description keys, with options to included or exclude individual points or descriptions. I think Land Development had something like this, though I didn't use it for reasons I can't recall. A dynamic legend for my topo maps would be neat.

Ian McClain
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
el_nath
in reply to: IanMcClain

I agree, but being a designer, I'd also like to add that a legend should include proposed work as well.  It should have the ability to include not only point objects (existing hydrant, proposed streetlight, etc...) , but also linear objects (existing gurad rail, proposed 18" storm sewerl, etc...), and area objects as well (proposed fill, proposed cut, etc...).

I am not a programer, just an engineer, however, it seems that styles based legend table should be fairly easy to develop.

"...select which drawings to include in the legend table (by default all xrefs, drawings associated with the project)...; ...select which styles to include in the legend (by default all styles in use, {dynamic/static})..., ...define table categorization..."

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Sinc
in reply to: el_nath

It's actually not as easy as you might think...  Smiley Wink

We've added a LegendBuilder command to the Sincpac-C3D that does a lot of that, although it's not dynamic.  We're still working on improvements to this command, though, and are open to all feedback.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report