AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

Valued Mentor
IanMcClain
Message 1 of 3 (569 Views)

Point Symbol Legend

569 Views, 2 Replies
07-29-2011 12:26 PM

I wish you could create a symbol legend for survey points or points with active description keys, with options to included or exclude individual points or descriptions. I think Land Development had something like this, though I didn't use it for reasons I can't recall. A dynamic legend for my topo maps would be neat.

-Ian McClain
(running C3D 2012 sp4, Win7 64bit, 8GB)
Mentor
el_nath
Message 2 of 3 (558 Views)

Re: Point Symbol Legend

08-01-2011 06:59 AM in reply to: IanMcClain

I agree, but being a designer, I'd also like to add that a legend should include proposed work as well.  It should have the ability to include not only point objects (existing hydrant, proposed streetlight, etc...) , but also linear objects (existing gurad rail, proposed 18" storm sewerl, etc...), and area objects as well (proposed fill, proposed cut, etc...).

I am not a programer, just an engineer, however, it seems that styles based legend table should be fairly easy to develop.

"...select which drawings to include in the legend table (by default all xrefs, drawings associated with the project)...; ...select which styles to include in the legend (by default all styles in use, {dynamic/static})..., ...define table categorization..."

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
*Expert Elite*
Sinc
Message 3 of 3 (533 Views)

Re: Point Symbol Legend

08-18-2011 11:24 PM in reply to: el_nath

It's actually not as easy as you might think...  :smileywink:

We've added a LegendBuilder command to the Sincpac-C3D that does a lot of that, although it's not dynamic.  We're still working on improvements to this command, though, and are open to all feedback.

Sinc
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.