Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan and Profile Sheets should reference original Profile

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
LyleHardin
467 Views, 0 Replies

Plan and Profile Sheets should reference original Profile

I think the Plan and Profile sheets created with the Production tools should directly reference (xref, maybe) the original design profile view and all the object contained within that view. Or, at least let the user have the option of doing so.

Reason:

During our design process, we place several things on the profile including projections and even draw buildings or other structures so we know what to design around. Sometimes these are xrefs associated with the profile. For example, we engineer large overland conveyors and need to simultaniously design the surface grading and the conveyor profile complete with structures such as elevated trusses, transfer buildings and the like.

I've been trying to use the Production Tools to create view frames and plan and profile sheets, but it's frustrating because we have to re-project or re-draw the things from the original design profile. Otherwise, it works great.... usually.

Because of this, we still, mostly, create our plan and profile drawings from scratch rather than use the Civil 3D production tools.

We used to use Eagle Point software, and even though it had it's issues, it did a good job with plan and profile drawings because it simply created a new drawing and xreffed the plan and profile design files into the new drawings.

So, basically, my wish is this:

I wish Civil 3D's plan and profile production tools would create plan and profile sheets whose profile areas directly reflect what is drawn on the design profile view including projections, and other objects drawn on that profile view.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report