Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network editing tools

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Josh.Pettijohn
478 Views, 1 Reply

Pipe network editing tools

There should be a tool that quickly allows to edit the pipe slope and inverts and even be able to match elevations of various pipes coming into a structure.  this tool should be similar to how you can edit and maniuplate feature line slopes and elevations.  It should be able to apply to a single pipe or a line of pipes. 

Also, The null node should behave more faithfully.  Maybe once fittings get better incorporated into the the gravity line parts this won't be an issue, but you shouldnt have a null node that will strectch vertically, it should hold the pipe elevation to match center/crown/invert (as specified by user).  Gravity lines have standard bend fittings too, not everythings a manhole. 

Also, the Pipe Rules are not very intuitive or reliable. I am very good with software and i cannot make these rules work for me, in particular once the pipe network has been laid out. I should read posts on this, but just first pass as i've been able to test pipe network design, the apply rules hasn't been my friend.

thanks,
Josh

C3D 2011, with updates and Subscription Downloads
Google Earth, latest edition
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
witzel
in reply to: Josh.Pettijohn

Been on my wish list for a long time.

Editing pipes is a tedious mess!!

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report