Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nodal Corridor assembly creation within C3D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dspittle
934 Views, 5 Replies

Nodal Corridor assembly creation within C3D

I'm already aware of the corridor assembly editor. I think however there would be great benefits from a nodal corridor/assembly creator window within C3D.

So it would provide a means to plug parts of your complex assembly into others and keep the same surface targets etc. without ending up with a huge list of corridor targets.

I think it would be more intuitive too.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dspittle
in reply to: dspittle

I think an overhaul of the whole pasting of surfaces into other surfaces introducing a nodal workflow would also be great.

Message 3 of 6
troma

What does 'nodal' mean?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 6
dspittle
in reply to: troma

As things get complex the visual interface helps to see what is going on and would make it easier to create complex assemblies/corridors.

If you've got for example 20 assembly components on a conditional cut component

and you need to copy 19 of these on a conditional fill component.

as C3D works now, you'd duplicate these and the set your (growing) list of targets in your corridor properties.

What I'm propossing is that rather than duplicate 19 components that are essentially doing the same thing, you'd use the nodal editor to simply bypass the un-neccesary compoent and plug these into your conditional fill component.

This is how a lot of procedural material editors inside high end 3D packages or compositing applications work - and I think the principles could be applied (well) here.

Here's a google link searching for "nodal editor" 

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=nodal+editor&aq=f&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab...

Message 5 of 6
doni49

What you're describing sounds an AWFUL LOT like the Subassembly Composer.

Take a look at the following link.  It contains a screenshot of the SAC in action.  This comes with C3D.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 6
dspittle

In my first post, where i said I'm already familiar with the Corridor assembly editor, I meant Subassembly Composer.

So yes I'm talking about using a similar setup in C3D to expand on the current functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report