Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple parcel labels for 1 parcel

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Theres got to be a fix
270 Views, 7 Replies

Multiple parcel labels for 1 parcel

I work on multiple sheet subdivision record plats. All parcel line work is done in model space and represented through a viewport on the individual plat sheets. Often large parcels are split between 2 sheets with a matchline. Civil 3D only labels parcels with one call-out including the lot number & area. How can I create multiple labels that are associated with the parcel segments. Tony
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Tony, I think you've stated the problem very well. I have had this issue myself, and it has become a major problem for our mapping department. There are many scenarios in addition to this one where the parcel labels (and segment labels) need to appear differently in different places. I realize there are workarounds, such as duplicating parcels within multiple sites, or even creating multiple files, but these methods seem to negate the dynamic functionality of Civil 3D. I wonder why parcels have not been added to the list of items available for use within the C3D project environment?
Message 3 of 8

Here Here!

On 1:100 site plans we show: Lot Number Only

On the 1:50 closeups, we show Lot Number + Sq Ft + Area

it is an awful mess to duplicate parcels just for this reason, esp. when LandXML'ing parcels and importing them into a dwg is on my top 10 list for creating drawing corruption.
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 4 of 8

I too have been going crazy over the way the parcel line/curve labels are being created. One of the tasks I'm facing is to produce drawings that look just like the LDT drawings and it is way harder than it should be. The labels all need their own layers, parcel, line and curve and while we are talking about it, how about auto-tags for short lines/curves.
Message 5 of 8

i forget if this already was mentioned, but in 2007 a note label can reference a parcel and get this job done.

about 3 months ago post to www.civil3d.com

sorry i dont have the direct URL
Dana Probert, P.E.
Autodesk
Message 6 of 8

This is the URL for Plat Problem Resolved. This is the one you are referring to isn't it Dana?http://www.civil3d.com/2006_06_01_archive.html
Message 7 of 8

Yes, thanks Connie.

Also, I had a post a few days ago on my blog about using references. Lately, I am reference NUTTY.

They might help you figure out how to construct such a label.

civil3drocks.blogspot.com
Dana Probert, P.E.
Autodesk
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Theres got to be a fix

Sorry- Nick clued me in that cbarrett isn't connie!! my fault!

--
Dana Breig Probert
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/
CADapult Ltd
Empowering Design With Innovative Solutions
www.cadapult.net
----------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report