Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Elevation input in Observation Editor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nmessina
1050 Views, 2 Replies

Manual Elevation input in Observation Editor

My wish is to allow surveyors to manually input point elevations when manually entering observations.  When entering in survey data, Civil 3D only calulates point elevations from vertical angles and slope distances.  My company, when doing survey control work never establishes elevations from the Total Station, we only establish elevations from a 3wire bench loop.   Currently the ONLY way elevate a point in Survey Database is from the Survey Command Window and entering MOD EL command manually.  

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: nmessina

You're missing something. Survey does allow vertical difference input. I know for sure if you input one point by using the Survey Command Window and then go to the observations input dialog you will have place to input vertical type (vertical distance) and amount.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
nmessina
in reply to: tcorey

I am aware there is vertical distance that can be input, but that will require us to manually calculated each elevation difference based on the instrument height.   The Vertical Distant input is based on the vertical difference from the height of the instrument, and is not a direct elevation input.  Our field crews do not measure the instrument height in control traverse situations, as it is irrelavent because we run and adjust closed 3wire level loops to elevate all of our control/traverse points.

I live is South Florida where it is very flat, therefor having accurate elevations, especailly with drainage and sanitary sewer systems is very crititcal.  

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report