Did you mean: 

Interactive Assemblies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bzismann
297 Views, 2 Replies

Interactive Assemblies

I wish....

Within the Corridor Manager, I could pick and choose which Subassemblies parts to include from my constructed Assembly for each Region.  Imagine what it would be like to have one Assembly running down a road and to be able to just click a checkbox to remove the sidewalk in an area where it wasn't necessary.  Or, to have multiple lanes in a corridor and be able to just click to reduce the lanes for sections without having to build an entirely new Assembly.

Ben Zismann
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
el_nath
in reply to: bzismann

I'm curious, how is what you are proposing is different from conditional assemblies or assigning targets? I'm currently working with a rail corridor that inlcudes conditional assemblies for vertical retaining walls, gravity walls, and access roads of varying width from 4' to 13'.  It's tedious to work with (it is 13 miles long), and contains numerous grade crossing and bridge assemblies in dozens of regions.  I'm very curious about your proposal and in what way it may improve the workflow of corridor modeling over the current methods.  I'm using C3D2012, so the corridor modeling workflows you are refering to may have changed in C3D2013.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 3 of 3
bzismann
in reply to: el_nath

I guess what I'm envisioning is a little more indepth than just conditional subassemblies.  Imagine that you have the assembly set up with a road section, curb, shoulder, sidewalk, etc.  What I would like to see would be the option to create a corridor with that assembly, then within a specific region turn off one of the elements (subassemblies) where it's not needed, for instance the sidewalk.  The way things work now, I have to create an entirely new assembly that has that element removed.

I'm working on an apartment complex and for the parking lots running through the site I've got 46 (and counting) assemblies for the different elements - straight lane, lane w/ parking, lane w/ parking on one side, etc; curb, no curb, depressed curb, etc.

I'm working in C3D 2011, by the way.

Ben Zismann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report