AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

huntcreek
Message 1 of 2 (84 Views)

FEATURE LINE SNAP TO SITE

84 Views, 1 Replies
09-20-2012 08:49 AM

Please allow us to switch this feature line snap to site off?  i have to trim all my feature lines that i want to offset by step.  we model all our sites and because of this snap to site feature, 3 d modeling takes twice the time it should?  Help??

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: FEATURE LINE SNAP TO SITE

09-20-2012 04:32 PM in reply to: huntcreek

Mike-

I agree with your "wish." Many users would prefer that feature lines not look at each other. Just let me create it quickly. I know what I'm doing. 

Until such time as that option is added, have you considered exploding your feature lines into 3D polylines? That would eliminate the annoying problems of intersecting feature lines. When you're ready to use stepped offset, just pick a 3d polyline, Civil 3D will turn it into a feature line, do your offset, then explode both. It's an extra step, but if grading is taking you twice as long because of the feature lines, I think this method would at least be better than that.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.