Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Reference Text for Labels.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nmessina
346 Views, 1 Reply

Dynamic Reference Text for Labels.

If would be great improvement to allow for Reference Text Labels to be Dynamic or (Auto Update).  I would like to have a General Note Label for "Plat Labeling"  which I would use for labeling Plat and Parcel nmaes that are references to Parcels.   Currently, when adding General Note label that contains reference text, you must place the label, then select the Parcel to references.  I feel this last step of selecting the Parcel should be obsolete as the location of the label should Automatically know what parcel to re be reference to.  

Dynamic Reference Text would save alot of time since I can place one label in the drawing then copy the label over you numberous parcels and automatically update the reference to each of the parcels.  

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AllenJessup
in reply to: nmessina

I agree with the premise but would say the the option to select the parcel should be there. When labeling a half dozen overlapping easements within one parcel it would be a bit confusing. I some cased I don't even want the label to be within the parcel bounds. But for subdivision plats that would be a great improvement.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report