cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
AllenJessup
510 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamic Points

I don't see anything regarding this on the board. So maybe others don't feel the lack. But I've run in to this a couple of times in the past couple of weeks so I'll post it.

I'd like to see Points that are based on Objects linked to those objects. So it I create Points based on an Alignment and Profile. I'd like to see those points update their Elevation if the Profile is revised. I'd also like to see the them update if the Alignment is changed. But that would mean having a way to link the Points to specific stations. Geometry points from the Profile and Alignment updating would be a good start.

I'd also like to see Points created with an elevation from a Surface update with the Surface.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sinc
in reply to: AllenJessup

This has been possible since C3D 2008 (well, with third-party support, anyway):

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_DLPoints.htm

Sinc
Message 3 of 8
Sinc
in reply to: Sinc

There are also some brief video demonstrations of it in action, in the "Dynamic Links" section of this web page:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/Videos.aspx

Sinc
Message 4 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: Sinc

As well I know. Smiley Wink

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
O.Maille

Spam or a genuine request....

Message 6 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: O.Maille

@O.Maille wrote:

Spam or a genuine request....

Not sure what you mean by that. My request is genuine. I think it makes a lot of sense.

I did solve my needs by purchasing the software that was mentioned. And while I don't want to take bushiness away from 3rd party developers. I think this is something that should be considered for inclusion in the basic program.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
fcernst

Yes, I agree with you Allen. I was surprised that the dynamic links are not there, this is Civil 3D...? This hampers workflow and presentation (data not updated).

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 8
troma
in reply to: fcernst

The other way to go for this is to use labels.  Alignment labels, surface labels etc.  They're dynamic, and can be formatted to look similar to points on paper.

But labels are not cogo points, I know.  They can't be laid out in the field.  And you can't set a rotation afaict.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report