AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

Distinguished Contributor
jmatthei
Message 31 of 31 (85 Views)

Re: Does anyone actually like yearly releases?

06-18-2012 03:24 PM in reply to: jmatthei

My plea for Revit Civil still stands.

I'll put up with bugginess and incomplete functioning if I can see a work plan that gets us to Revit Civil (or some such compatible thing) in a few years.  Perhaps listing what functions are being developed each year, in order to get us to that unreachable goal of the true site BIM.  '13 at least made some major steps on water mains and railroad corridors, but there's still a long way to go.  Eaglepoint Siteworks (what appears to be #2 in the running) still has major holes as well.  Bentley and Carlson are steps behind Autodesk.

Don't worry, if you say you're going to do 10 things in 2013, and only 7 of them get done, we get that.  Programming's difficult, and we expect that you're not going to achieve every goal completely every year.  Forward progress is always appreciated.  What's frustrating is that we're not seeing that forward momentum most years, and we're not seeing a sense of direction for the software--'13 was the exception with the water mains (although that too is somewhat paltry).  We'd love to be a part of developing a full strategy to get site BIM, but it doesn't appear that Autodesk is involving the end users much in their development process.  I think it would be great if Autodesk would involve us users in charting out the path where the software would go--rather than expending great effort on tools that are rarely used.

Jeremy

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.