Did you mean: 

Delete Last Matchline

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
juliarh
784 Views, 3 Replies

Delete Last Matchline

This happens frequently:

I use the Create View Frames wizard and it generates - let's say - 4 sheets, but the last sheet only has about 20-30 feet on it.  I adjust the view frames and match lines so now I only need 3 sheets.  I delete the extra view frame, but I can't delete the extra match line.  It says "Match lines can be deleted only by deleting the view frame that contains it."  Now what?  I've got my view frames where I want them, how do I get rid of the extra match line?

This is goofy.  I should be able to delete a match line if it is only associated with one view frame. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TedTee
in reply to: juliarh

If you have matchlines where you need them, do you really need viewframes anymore? If not you can draw lines where you have match lines and then delete view frames in the drawing and you will have just the matchline you want. The only draw back to this is if your alignment changes, your matchline will not move automatically

Message 3 of 4
juliarh

Still need the viewframes to produce the sheets.  I suppose I could delete them after the sheets are produced, but I prefer to leave them there.

Message 4 of 4
TedTee

I understand about keeping the viewframes until you create the sheets, after the sheets are created in those sheets you can go into settings and find match lines and delete matchlines, but make sure you have lines drawn on the ones you want to keep, hope this helps, I had similar problems last year and had to play with it several times before I reached a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report