AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

Distinguished Contributor
bruce.jordan
Message 1 of 4 (297 Views)

Create Survey Point Group using Query Capabilities

297 Views, 3 Replies
04-30-2010 09:56 AM
Unless I'm missing something, the only way to add points to a Survey Point Group in the Survey Database is to manually check each point # you want. Looks like it's still this way in 2011.

It would be such a time saver if the Survey Point Group worked like the Point Group on prospector tab with the ability to query points based on point numbers, description, etc.

-Bruce
nmessina
Message 2 of 4 (297 Views)

Re: Create Survey Point Group using Query Capabilities

05-02-2010 07:49 PM in reply to: bruce.jordan
I would love to see the Survey Point Group Manager to be exactly like the Cogo Point Manager. The code exists, why didn't Autodesk make them the same?/
Nicholas, Messina Jr.
Mentor
cbaildon001
Message 3 of 4 (240 Views)

10-27-2010 05:36 PM in reply to: bruce.jordan

It works exactly like Point Groups in Prospector, actually you make the point group in Prospector first.

Create the Survey Point Group and click the 'pick' icon at the top of the window and then select by Group on the command line. You can then select the point group you made in Propector.

The downside is that the points must be in the drawing?

I aggre that the same functionality should be in the Survey Toolspace.

Caleb

Caleb Baildon
Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Greymouth, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows7 64bit
bruce.jordan
Message 4 of 4 (232 Views)

10-28-2010 10:41 AM in reply to: cbaildon001

Hmm, interesting.

I don't get any points added to a Survey Point Group when clicking the "pick" icon.  Doesn't matter if I choose All, Numbers, Group, or Selection.

-Bruce

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!