Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Transition Controls

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
doni49
843 Views, 0 Replies

Corridor Transition Controls

I'd like to see some kind of transition control added in C3D.  One of the most common places that I used to use such controls (in InRoads at my previous job) was to transition between having NO ditch and having a ditch. 

InRoads had a "Transition Editor"  At every station that is between two different End Conditions, I could bring up the TE and it would show me the cross section view of each station in kind of an iso view.  I would ID a point in one section and connect it to a point on the next section.  In the ditch scenario I mentioned, I would connect the daylight point of the NO_ditch section to the daylight point of the ditch section and then I would connect the ditch bottom (both sides) and the ditch top to the NO_ditch section's daylight point.  The attached screen shot is two such cross sections with lines drawn (in red) showing how I'd like to connect them in transition.

By doing this, the feature lines get drawn correctly and the surface breaklines were correct. 

Another place this would be usefull is going from curb to no curb.  I can't put both assembly insertions at the same station because that messes up the surface.  But if I put a gap between them, there is a gap in the ETW feature line.

AssemblyTransition.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report