Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Pressure Networks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
knmdk
2180 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Pressure Networks

Hello there,

I'm really disappointed in lack of usability of Pressure Network elemets. It's been two more years since Civil 3D 2011 release and all we get is so-called "initial release" of Pressure Network tools without any features required for real world work. I've mentioned most disturbing questions in this thread. I seriously see absolutely no sense in releasing so half-assed feature beside pleasing your investors.

Well to keep it short:

1) when Profile View Band types for Pressure Network elements are going to be released?

2) would you include Band type to output Uphill Tangent and Downhill Tangent for pressure network pipes in Profile View?

3) would you include Band type to output Elevations for pressure network pipes (invert, centerline, crown) in points of it's Vertical Geometry in Profile View?

4) would you add Band option for my question #3 that will include "sand addition under the pipe" value to calculate pipe elevation (because when you model polyethylene pipes in rocky grounds you need to use sand in pipe bedding)?

5) would you add Band type to output trench depth for Pressure Network Profile View (for Vertical Geometry and Sectional Data)?

5) would you add Swap command for swapping Pressure Network pipes and structures?

6) would you finally implement Swap command that will support swapping multiple objects in one run? Or we should be buying third-party plugins for hundreds dollars for such simple routines? Thanks Christopher of Civil 3D Reminders there's a free tool for Swap routine for Civil 3D 2011 release but it became payware for later Civil 3D releases.

Please be sure to count above questions as wishes. By the way maybe you could finally release a fix for Civil 3D 2011 jumpy cursor bug since there's no such problem in 2013 release (same machine).

Best,

true

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TCARCAMO78
in reply to: knmdk

I definitely agree with #5 and #6.

Tony

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 6
knmdk
in reply to: TCARCAMO78

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing usability issues mentioned above.

Message 4 of 6
ChrisRS

The "initial release" is disappointing shameful.

The catalogs provided are incomplerte.

Mechanical Joint Fittings do not look like Mechanical joints, and the width dimensions are no correct.

Need Mech Joint Follers as appurtenaces.

Need Fire Hydrants. All catalogs need valves.

Need flanged andMJ valves.

Need PVC (C900)

Need to be able to create fittings and appritenances. I am aware of the documenttion that is availabel and have experimented, but some sample drawings (3d Solids) and components and DOCUMENTATION. are needed.

AutoDesk, what were you thinking?

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
kevinlewis6285

I agree with all that has been said, just had to go through months of persuading upper management to invest in an upgrade all based on the pressure pipes network feature, to look completely stupid. This is so poor I felt obliged to put a post on here my first ever this is shocking when will I be able to produce a band set for my pressure network? Until such time this feature is useless and Autodesk should be ashamed of themselves for putting it out there, they are constantly putting out yearly releases when there is nothing of any use finally something useful does come along and its rubbish!

Message 6 of 6
knmdk
in reply to: kevinlewis6285

So they haven't added Pipe Data bands support for Pressure Networks in Civil 3D 2014. It's been another year of waiting! And again all I get is unusable half-baked demo crap instead of properly working tool for Pressure Networks. Thanks, Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report