Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 AASHTO 2011 Specs

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
1909 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2013 AASHTO 2011 Specs

The new 2011 ASSHTO design criteria files need to be included.  We can't move to 2013 until then.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

You can edit the XML file to reflect the changes.  I did it myself a couple months ago for 2012.  

I do agree that it should have been included with the 2013 release, but it's not really hard to update the tables yourself.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 6

I was looking into that but we won't be able to get a new AASHTO book until our next budget cycle so I can compare the values.  If nothing has changed that affects the types of roads we do, it would be nice to know.  Did you create one for the 2011 AASHTO?  Would you share?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 4 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

@lpohlmeyer wrote:

I was looking into that but we won't be able to get a new AASHTO book until our next budget cycle so I can compare the values.  If nothing has changed that affects the types of roads we do, it would be nice to know.  Did you create one for the 2011 AASHTO?  Would you share?

I have attached the file where I updated the tables to reflect the newer Green Book.  If there's a typo in it, don't blame me!

As to actually moving to 2013, I wouldn't recommend it at all right now.  There are at least 3 major bugs that would prevent us from actually moving to it.  Survey figure properties do not let you edit a figure, MAPIINSERT incorrectly reads GeoTIFF header information so you can't get aerial photos to import correctly, and viewports do not retain their type (plan, profile, cross section).  The last prevents the plan production tools for working at all.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Cadguru42

Thanks, I've been following most of the threads.  The first two won't bother us.  The last one, I'll check since I plan on bringing my templates forward from 2012.  I'm managed to work around my issue with the lack of Google Earth interface as well.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 6 of 6

Question on the MapIInsert: are you reading the GeoTIFF header or the World File? The world file doesn't contain enough information in it to make a transformation and you will need to either use FDO or Raster to do the conversion. If you are reading the header inside the GeoTIFF file, contact me directly peter dot funk at autodesk dot com.

We made a change to Map I Insert so that it could do a transform provide the information is in the raster file.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report