Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D Pavement Design and Analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jesseyusufu
1959 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Civil 3D Pavement Design and Analysis

I wish if Autodesk can include the Design of Pavement and Analysis in Autocad Civil 3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
el_nath
in reply to: jesseyusufu

Because pavement design is empirical and as a result there are several methodolgies, this may never happen. The local agency I design for still utilizes nomographs to design rigid and fleixible pavements. Other agencies require a particular software and they'll provide it for you when you work on their jobs. There are several free software out there, such as SpectraPave from Tensar. Any pavement design software that Autodesk may incorporate into CIvil 3D would, like Hydraflow Express, have to be an exterior application, independant of Civil 3D. Because free applications such as SpectraPave exist and because pavement design is emperical and agency specified, I can't see how Autodesk will do this, unfortunately. Maybe they can provide a free license for AASHTOWare Pavement Design with each CIvil 3D subscription?

Because so much of pavement design relies on sub-grade conditions, a broader request would be to ask for geotechnical software that goes beyond roadway structure to include slope stability, retaining wall analysis, seepage, etc. But then we are back to same issue as before; there are free software from FHWA located here... http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/engineering/geotech/software.cfm or you can pony up some serious moolah for Geoslope.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report