Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Note and Line/Curve labels to be added in paperspace

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
troma
1124 Views, 4 Replies

Allow Note and Line/Curve labels to be added in paperspace

I appreciate that most Civil labels can only exist in modelspace, because they are labeling civil objects that reside there.  But Line/Curve labels can be used to label 'dumb' lines and curves, and notes are just notes!  For notes especially, I am continually running into situations where it would be best to have it in paperspace.  There isn't room in the viewport to see the full note, there is plenty of room outside of the viewport in paperspace and I don't want to extend the viewport out because there are some other objects there in modelspace that I don't want to see.

Line/curve I have less use for, but I don't see why there should be a restriction on them either.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: troma

What I do in the case of notes that would be outside the VP is to create another VP with all the layers frozen except the ones needed for the notes. Not what you wanted. But it's a workaround.

I have sometimes created text with fields linked to objects in MS and used CHSPACE to bring them to PS and maintain the links. But that doesn't work with Civil objects.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
troma
in reply to: AllenJessup

Wish they would maintain links like that, would be the best! Had a Structure label yesterday too tall for the profile view viewport in the layout. I ended up stepping up a portion of the viewport; we'll see what the overlords think about that when they see it on paper.
My usual workaround is explode, explode, change space. Mtext in paperspace is acceptable, so this is a quick & easy way to get our standard notes into paperspace. I think that's less resource-hungry than the extra viewport too. (Any more viewports and either my computer or my CAD manager would have a cow, possibly both.)

Mark Green

Message 4 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: troma

I know this doesn't go over well here but once again this is something we can do in Microstation.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 5
troma
in reply to: Neilw_05

Doesn't help me, but maybe it puts pressure on the right places...

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report