Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is SSA meesin' w/ my inverts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jmayo-EE
330 Views, 4 Replies

Why is SSA meesin' w/ my inverts?

See attached. The run imports with inverts at each strc equal.

I was geting all of the outfalls attached to the inlets & I connected them from the links to the up and downstrean stc's. Now I have a saw blade sewer run.

Can anyone tell me how to avoid this?

Can the import process avoid all of the outfalls from inlets?

John Mayo

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

After fixin' the inverts it looks like SSA deosn't want to let the water flow from pipe to pipe.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE

Really begining to dislike SSA. 2 days wasted with no answers and inverts flying to inlet grade or some other wacky result. How can the program be changing inverts? The Help file does not tell you how to use the program only what functions are availabe, error after error trying to get a simple 12 node analysis where I don't care about checking what flow is running to the next inlet on grade. It's not a roadway and the FG grades run opposite the pipe grades for most of the run. Moving to the Hydrodynamic calc makes more errors. Importing from Stm and/or xml leaves much to be desired with most catchments not being recognized and all of the Outfalls on the inlets that need to be manually connected. Even after connecting them I get errors on the above grade conveyances even if I make all inlets on a Sag.

These must be some of the reasons why so many firms still use spreadsheets...

Right from p2 of the Help file,

"Easy Model Development

This software is easy to learn and use."

🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE

OK sorry for the fustration rant...

Got some excellent assistance from Matt Haokip with the Subscription Suport Team.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
cs32691

Happy that you were able to resolve your problem, but since SSA is doing this with my network also, what was the solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report