Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground detention discharged to gravel perc bed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
krismcclung
309 Views, 1 Reply

Underground detention discharged to gravel perc bed

I need some help modeling an underground detention system that will discharge into an underground gravel percolation bed surrounded by natural soils.  I have my underground 72" pipe modeled with 4 orifices to disharge to the gravel per bed, but not sure how to model the gravel perc bed.  Any suggestions?? Thanks for the help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: krismcclung

here's my take on it, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will weigh in as well to help you out:

i would model the gravel bed as a storage chamber, V=LxWxH is the volume (assuming rectalgular), and the available storage volume being V'=rxV, where r is the voids ratio (say 40% for gravel, then r=0.4). then for the surrounding soil, i would find its infiltration rate, say i in/hour, and use that as exfiltration in the model, something like "uniformly for pond bottom" is an option i remember. i do not have hydraflow or SSA in my home computer, but if you want, i can try and see if i can set up a model for you tomorrow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report