Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Chambers Outlet Structure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stephag
718 Views, 3 Replies

Underground Chambers Outlet Structure

I am new to Hydraflow Hydrographs and I am having some trouble modeling my outlet structure for an underground detention area with storage chambers. The underground detention system discharges to a 12" diameter pipe that connects to an outlet structure. This structure has a weir plate inside with an orifice. Once the flow overtops the weir it goes into an 18" diameter pipe that is connected to the other side of the outlet structure. When I try to model this structure it seems that my underground system is behaving as an open pond and the outlet structure is sitting in the pond while water stages to the top, overtops and goes directly into the exiting pipe. Can someone help me with the correct way to input this structure? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: stephag

Is your 12" pipe large enough to handle the discharge from the Detention area?

Bill

Message 3 of 4
stephag
in reply to: wfberry

I believe it is because my site is just a little over an acre in size, but I can upsize the pipe if necessary.

Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: stephag

I sure was hoping someone else would jump in here.  What I seem to get from your explanation is that you are NOT using a multi-stage structure.  It appears to me that you need to use the weir as a one stage structure connected to a second single stage structure.  In other words two connected "detention ponds", one following the other.

Maybe I am wrong.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report