Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK IDF files

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
stewartg
914 Views, 10 Replies

UK IDF files

Is anyone using Hydraflow Storm Sewers in the UK?

I am having trouble finding any IDF files for UK storms. Does anyone know where I can find them?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
BrianHailey
in reply to: stewartg

Hi,

Storm Sewers comes with a few sample IDF files but you will most likely have to create your own. Here in the Denver area, the IDF curves change depending on what part of town you are in. Take the rainfall data you have for the location you are at and create the IDF curves within Storm Sewers. If you do get lucky, you might find someone in your area that's already put some together.

Brian Hailey
http://www.cad-1.com
http://www.AtYourDeskTraining.com

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 11
ksorsby
in reply to: BrianHailey

I'm resurrecting this thread, as we want to start using Hydraflow within Civil 3D and bin the hideous and expensive WinDes that everybody is forced to use.

So, are there any UK curves/templates/IDF files available anywhere?

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 4 of 11
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: ksorsby

Kevin -

The Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis has some UK functionlity built in.  IDF Curves for Hydraflow would need to be built with the local records.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 11
ksorsby
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Thanks Matthew,

In that case does anybody know of a way to export the localised rainfall data from Windes? It won't create .idf files AFAIK.

I'm assuming somebody here will be UK based and therefore will more-or-less be tied to using WinDes themselves...

Cheers,

Kevin

Message 6 of 11
arfrwi2

Kevin,

Did you ever get anywhere with the UK IDF data?

Message 7 of 11
ksorsby
in reply to: arfrwi2

In short, no. That said, we have a new hydrologist so he might have some new ideas. I'll ambush him later and post.

Kevin

Message 8 of 11
arfrwi2

Kevin,

Thanks for that. I assume you are UK based. I have used Windes for about 25 years and although its a good package I'm now looking at alternatives especially as you suggested the costs are high and BIM is becoming more relevant.

I'm currently trying to run both systems but am having trouble using SSA to do storage assessments as it doesn't run on UK Mod Rat. I'm not that familiar with the other rain fall generators or inputting hydrographs or creating rain fall files, hence to post!!

Would be nice to get the views of other UK users like yourself who may be looking to use SSA for UK projects.

Steve

Message 9 of 11
iepms
in reply to: arfrwi2

Hi Steve

I know your post is a few years old but did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm having the exact same issue - I'm a UK / Ireland user.

Regards

Paul

@arfrwi2 wrote:

Kevin,

Thanks for that. I assume you are UK based. I have used Windes for about 25 years and although its a good package I'm now looking at alternatives especially as you suggested the costs are high and BIM is becoming more relevant.

I'm currently trying to run both systems but am having trouble using SSA to do storage assessments as it doesn't run on UK Mod Rat. I'm not that familiar with the other rain fall generators or inputting hydrographs or creating rain fall files, hence to post!!

Would be nice to get the views of other UK users like yourself who may be looking to use SSA for UK projects.

Steve

Message 10 of 11
ksorsby
in reply to: iepms

Hi Paul,

Not sure of Steve's experiences but from what I know this hasn't moved on and isn't likely to. Autodesk are massively disinterested in SSA (in the UK anyway) and from my experience it won't be accepted by the adopting authorities.

Not much help I'm afraid!

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 11 of 11
arfrwi2
in reply to: ksorsby

Paul,

I did do some investigation at the time but gave up very quickly as it was
obvious the software is design almost exclusively for the American market.

I went back to using WinDes since then, which works very well with PDS and
to a limited extent with C3D.

Not much help but that's the way it is.....!

Steve​

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report