Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting system inverts

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
124 Views, 0 Replies

Trouble setting system inverts

In an attempt to begin utilizing SSA for future projects, I have been trying to familiarize myself with the program. So far, most of the functions are pretty easy to understand and put into usage. However, for about the past day, I have been poring over what should be a very simple function within the program, and that is fundamental to storm sewer design & analysis.

What I am trying to do is set an elevation at the outfall of the system, assign pipe slopes, and have the program set the inverts of the upstream structures on those bases. I have searched this board thoroughly for others encountering similar issues, but to no avail. It is unthinkable to me that a program as sophisticated as SSA lacks this capability when such a task can be done in a very simple Excel spreadsheet. Even the program that our local DOT provides performs this function. As best I can tell, you not only have to manually compute the upstream & downstream inverts for each pipe, but you also have to manually enter them for the connecting drainage structures. This is very impractical, especially when you need to make a revision to a single structure or pipe within the network.

I have also searched the Civil 3D board as I thought this may have been an issue with the pipe network, but I'm having the exact same problem with the network. Any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated. If this is not something that SSA can execute, then I'll have to keep searching for more capable hydraulics software.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report