Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total inflow/Total Outflow

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ryannn
591 Views, 5 Replies

Total inflow/Total Outflow

Would anyone have any idea why my model shows an event mean storage of 20396 cf when I dont have any storage nodes? How is the model storing that amount of water? I'm thinking this is why my total inflow doesnt match my total outflows? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: ryannn

SWMM computes storage in all of the links and nodes, not just storage nodes.

SSA says it uses the SWMM engine, but they don't say what version, or what modifications, if any, they have done to it.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 6
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: fcernst

Ryan -

Sounds like your model might not be completely draining during the event duration. 

Fred -

EPA SWMM hydraulic calculation engine for SSA 2013 should be 5.0.21 or 22. 

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Thanks Matt.

Just curious, how can you not be sure of the version in 2013 now? It says here you're an employee, is that right?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 6
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: fcernst

Fred -

Yes, I am an employee. 

The difference between the EPA SWMM 21 & 22 engines are a couple of "engine update" changes that I am not 100% certain are covered.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 6 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Sorry, but I don't understand your logic there... it should be just clear...What SWMM version?

It should also be listed in the About under the software Help, like most software list their versions and updates. then in your methodology section, talk about any differences between the SSA engine and the SWMM engine, any modifications.

Example: "We are using SWMM version 5.0.022, however we are not using the LID capabilties", etc...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report