Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surcharge Junctions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Cartexeng
364 Views, 4 Replies

Surcharge Junctions

This has to be a really simple solution, but I just cant see it.  On the attached model, I have a Jun-B2 and a 12" SD to a rain garden.  Jun-B2 is surcharged no matter what I change.  Pipe size doesnt matter; Surcharge elev can be 20-ft above invert and it still surcharges.  

Same thing is happening with Jun-A2.  

File extention should be SPF, but would not let me attach so changed extention to ".bmp".  Sorry for the inconvenience, but only way I know to get it posted.  

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
annw2
in reply to: Cartexeng

I don't know spf.  I tried double clicking the file and it won't open.  It says it is corrupted.

Have you checked your initial tail water condition?  At least on older versions, if you renumbered, it would set the tailwater to odd values or not update the tailwater values.  I always manually set every time I run.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 3 of 5
Cartexeng
in reply to: annw2

I figured it out.  Effectively, tailwater was the problem.  I raised the invert elevations of the pipes flowing into the detention pond and the surcharge went away.  I ran the model using Kinematic link routing instead of hydrodynamic which accounts for backwater and everything worked.  So I knew the problem had to be HGL from the pond running up the pipe.  

Thanks for your response.  I appreciate the dialogue.  SPF is a file extension for Storm and Sanitary Sewer.  

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Cartexeng

Just a reminder. The next time you may want to send in an .spf file, change the suffix to .txt. This works easier since when selecting a .bmp most computers will try to load a picture file.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
Cartexeng
in reply to: wfberry

Good idea - will do.  Thanks for the reply. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report