Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Sewers 2008 / 2010 compatibility issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
464 Views, 4 Replies

Storm Sewers 2008 / 2010 compatibility issues

Are there known compatibility problems with the 2008 and 2010 versions of "storm sewers" extensions for Civil3D?  I created networks a while back while using Civil3D 2008 and now when I try to run them using 2010 I get a "Flow Calculation Error".  However when I use a computer that is still running 2008 the same files run with no problems.

I dont have 2008 installed on my computer and don't always have access to other computers.  Anybody have any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

There were some changes in the file formats that might leave or mis-read some data the might result in that error.   2008 has some known issues and would recommend using 2010 or 2011 moving forward.   This obviously doesn't help with the current issue.

Can you attached the file?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Attached is a file that is giving me an error in 2010.  Thanks for your help!

(I am suprised that .stm is not a valid extension for attachments)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I was trying to run a network in 2010 today, that was created in 2008 stm.....but I couldn't even get the file to open in 2010.  Not sure why....but it opened fine in 2008.

Speaking of which, can we go backwards.....can we take a 2010 stm file and run it in 2008?

Message 5 of 5
Matt.Anderson

Ben -

I should have replied - but it appears the use Known Q values from the Design Report doesn't work correctly in 2010 or 2011.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report