Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm and Sanitary Analysis - Routing a surcharged system

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wesleyd.miller
1440 Views, 2 Replies

Storm and Sanitary Analysis - Routing a surcharged system

Hello,

I am trying to model the following situation using storm and sanitary analysis 2015 (simplified version).

I have a detention pond which has 100 foot of 24 inch pipe outfalling into a catch basin.  That catch basin is the only catch basin on site (only inflow hydrograph).  The water exits the catch basin through a 12" pipe (to decrease discharge).  So basically I am wanting to surcharge my system and force it to back up into the pond and release at an acceptable rate.  This is a simplified version of my problem but if I can model this situation I can model my true design situation.

Thanks for any help, feel free to ask questions for clarification.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It sounds like you are on a perfectly right track, set project options to run hydrodynamic, model the inlet as a functional storage node and connect it with other elements in the system using open channel links or a weir to capture any "bubble ups" (in addition to underground pipe connections), and I think you will be all set.
Good luck!
Message 3 of 3

It appears that simply running as hydrodynamic as oppose to kinematic wave solved the problem. But I will look into your suggestions as well. Thanks for the advice!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report