Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm and Sanitary Analysis - How to Model Closed Lid Structures

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
accarr03
854 Views, 3 Replies

Storm and Sanitary Analysis - How to Model Closed Lid Structures

I am trying to model a stormwater system using AutoDesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis 2014 and have manholes (closed lid) and catch basins (open grate lid).  I can't figure out how to model the closed lid strucutres and tell the program water cannot pond over the manholes.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: accarr03

What if you set the Surcharge Elevation value for all manholes (junctions) to be higher than both the RIM and the computed hydraulic grade line elevation?

surcharge.png

Message 3 of 4
accarr03
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I'm not sure if that helped, on a few structures it seemed to discourage ponding, but at other structures there was still ponding. 

A co-worker pointed out that SSA assumes this is all a closed system, that any water that ponds has to drain back through the structure and cannot drain overland.  Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: accarr03

Look up "Allow ponding at structures" under SSA project options and the user manual.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report