Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA stage storage question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Hidden_Brain
1119 Views, 3 Replies

SSA stage storage question

i have a basin from elevation 0 to 4, and the groundwater is at elevation 2. i entered the stage storage information in SSA from elev 0 to 4 as depth vs area, depths increasing from depth 0 to depth 4, and incrementally increasing in surface area. now if i want to take storage credit for only the area (volume) above elevation 2, can i set the detention basin to have an initial water surface elevation of elev 2? or do i have to change the stage storage definition to start from 2 and go to 4?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

anyone? Matt? Fred?
Message 3 of 4
dmpe
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

If I'm understanding your question, you would simply set the "WSEL Initial" field to the actual elevation you'd like it to start at (eg., storage invert elevation at elevation 850, set WSEL Initial to 852, and leave your storage definition as you have it).  I should add, that if your outlet elevation is at the bottom elevation, then that starting WSEL will immediately draw down (discharge).

Message 4 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: dmpe

yes, that was my question, you answered it. thank you for setting me in the correct direction!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report