Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA Nodes in network causing loss of Flow

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ibarra10
1094 Views, 2 Replies

SSA Nodes in network causing loss of Flow

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. In my network I have junctions acting as inlets, connection points from inlets to main line, and whenever there is a vertical or horizontal bend I also have node. I exported it from Civil 3D which converts null structures to junctions in SSA. A problem I am having is that in my network I have a vertical bend the upstream pipe has a flow of 124 cfs and when it crosses the node representing the vertical bend the downstream pipe has a flow of 99 cfs. How can a pipe loose so much cfs in a bend? Please help if possible.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Ibarra10

Flooding overflows from junctions will be reported in the time series plot but will not be added downstream. I suspect that your junctions along the bend flood. If you need to keep this flow in the system, consider modeling the junctions as functional storage nodes with overflow weirs.
Message 3 of 3
Ibarra10
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Thanks for the advice. That is something I will definitely try and do. I also figured out that the link routing method has a lot to do with the way flow is calculated. I was using hydrodynamic which does extra sophisticated calculations and steady flow does normal calculations with no loss when passing by bends in the system. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report