Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA - Modeling Cross-Connections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ThomasGlidewell
456 Views, 2 Replies

SSA - Modeling Cross-Connections

I am looking for advice on how to model storm sewer cross connections in SSA.  We have large trunk sewers that are inter-connected at a few locations.  Basically two large pipes coming together and two large pipes leaving.  In some cases, one of the pipes leaving is slightly higher than the other outlet pipe.  We tried modeling as a simple junction, but this does not seem to accurately split the flows.  Any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: ThomasGlidewell

The program allows Flow Diversion Structures, limited to only two dischage outlets per structure (your situation).  Unfortunately that is the extent of my knowledge on this subject.

Bill

Message 3 of 3

did you ever find a solution to this topic? i would be interested to know how to model split flows in SSA, like i can model split flows in HEC-RAS for open channels.

i think Bill's suggestion is great and in the right direction, as the flow diversion tool allows two outlets. my initial thought was the "overflow" option in flow diversion, but that would not be a true split flow condition, as the excess flow will only divert to the secondary link when the primary is flowing full in that case. hopefully Matt or someone very knowledgeable in these topics can shed some light into this.

*EDIT: i *think* that you may be able to model the manhole as a storage node, as that should allow multiple outlets. just a thought. i will have to test it tomorrow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report