Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA Missing water from junction.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tylerjahnke1171
709 Views, 6 Replies

SSA Missing water from junction.

Working on a model for a set of box store's.  I have no problem routing water in and over inlets.  But I am surcharing some junctions that in turn will over flow... and litterally will "lose" that water.  Is there any way of creating a inlet with 3 junctions or creating a junction that will not just pond but bypass aswell. 

Way past subbmission date.....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Tyler -

Inlets in SSA can bypass in an At-Grade or flood in an In-Sag condition.  

Can you zip your model and attach together with the description of the problem area?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 7

we would like to have analyses where runoff is not "lost" from the system ie. for more intense storms (5,10,25,50,100) we need to know what and where flow exits on surface from the site under surcharged conditions.  Is this possible?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Message 4 of 7

SSA preserves the continuity of flow within the system.  I might suggest modeling your outlets more as Orifices or Weirs, and suggest switching over from LPS to CMS.  It appears that LPS is providing an erroneous capture value which I think is providing you the impression that the flow is "lost"

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Matt, you saved me a lot of heart ach.  Worth mentioning, if you change units on modle you have to change all inlet info to match... makes sense.

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7

Yes, when you switch units, there are items like your outlet tables which are unitless within the program that do not automatically convert, so give everything a check to make sure your data entry is either converted or is valid with your assumptions.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 7 of 7

Hello Matt,

Could you review, or provide me with a business that is proficient in SSA.  The employees that have created the model in question have retired and we need someone to verify the model and storage system in question.

Time sensitive yet again....

Tyler J.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report