Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA - Inlet, sub-basin question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KristenCourson1781
2798 Views, 1 Reply

SSA - Inlet, sub-basin question

I am working in Storm and Sanitary Analysis (2011) software for the first time.  I set up my storm drainage pipe network in Civil 3d (2011) and exported it into SSA with no issues.  However, I have polygons in my CAD file that represent the drainage basins to each storm inlet.  I have no idea how to get these into the SSA software.  I tried creating parcels from the polygons and exporting the parcels with LandXML, however, when I go to SSA, Import LandXML, it is looking for a different file extension.  I have read that I need to create catchments for each drainage basin, but I can find no command for this in Civil 3D.

I can bring that CAD file into the SSA drawing as a background and trace each polygon, but there are 30 so quite time consuming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristen

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I make sure that I create closed polylines in Civil 3d and turn them into parcels.  I then export these parcels to an xml file.

I also export the stormdrain network to an xml file seperately/

In SSA I merge the xml files together... under 'file' there is a merge command.

The parcels will only have the correct acreage, you will need to hand enter their data such as TOC, etc. But this for me the quickest way to recreate the watersheds without tracing them ovver an overlay of a C3D file in SSA.  Note, that regardless of how hard you try, you will likely get a misc parcel or two, I find it easier to delete these in SSA by bringing up the subasin menu and simply deleting than trying to mess with it in C3D.

Hope that makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report