Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA Help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adwc
235 Views, 2 Replies

SSA Help

I was wondering if someone could take a look at my model. I'm just learning SSA and I'm having trouble with a few things.

I'm importing a pipe network from Civil3D and currently just testing a couple of smaller basins of the project. What I want to do is run an analysis for the 25-year / 5-min storm event. However, because that type of storm isn't included with the program, I've selected an Eastern Washington 24 hour storm just to get my model working.

Where I'm having a probleml is when I run the analysis. I'm not sure that it's running correctly, because when I review the time series plot, there is no rainfall data and all of the runoff takes place in the first 15 minutes of the analysis.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: adwc

1.  I am no expert on this product.

2.  However, after looking at your model, you have 30 Outfalls and no Subbasins.  Perhaps you have reversed this.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
adwc
in reply to: wfberry

I know. Unfortunately, when I bring in my pipe network, the catch basins default to "On Grade" rather than "Sag". So, they automatically create an outfall. Just as a test, I was only analyzing two subbasins at the south end of the project. I have eliminated the outfalls at these catch basins.

Perhaps the excessive amount of outfalls are confusing the model though? I'm not sure why that would affect the rainfall output. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report